Hands of Tym
About Hands of Tym
Hands of Tym - Luxury Leather Accessories & Bag Making Courses All our products are lovingly handmade and personalised in our workshop on the edge of the Cotswolds in Oxfordshire, UK by leathersmith Georgie Tym. In addition to our core range of luxury handmade products, we also offer the following products and services:
- Bag making courses at the Hands of Tym Academy in Banbury, Oxfordshire. We offer a range of courses from our popular Bag in a Day handbag making courses to our 5-day Pattern Cutting course. We also offer 1-1 sessions either in the workshop or over Zoom. Please see our Covid-19 Courses Guarantee.
- DIY Bag Kits - a selection of craft it yourself leather bag making kits to make at home. We have a range of kits for you to enjoy crafting from purses to backpacks. Each kit is hand cut and prepared at our workshop in Oxfordshire.
- Leather Craft Tools & Supplies - we offer a range of tools and supplies for all your leather crafting needs
- Leather Repairs & Restoration - Here at the Hands of Tym workshop we have a huge array of tools and expertise to craft beautiful handmade leather products. As a result, we're also well equipped to work on all your leather repairs.
- Consultancy, Bespoke & Sampling - we work with other brands to help you make your ideas a reality. Additionally, as we manufacture all our products by hand here at the workshop, we can accommodate bespoke requests as well as undertaking sampling work for external clients. Please get in touch if you have any questions
Georgie Tym - Founder I am the founder of Hands of Tym and have been a bag enthusiast for over 10 years, I work as a bag maker, designer and tutor. I work with mostly leather but also with tech fabrics and leather alternatives! I began making things from an early age and my passion built through school. I knew I wanted to run a bespoke making business and after initially thinking formal wear I went to the London College of Fashion to study Bags and Accessories Design and Technology. After this I worked in a variety of different roles designing at Alfred Dunhill, freelancing at small start-ups where I got a taste for my own business again, working at a tannery, a factory and also for Hunter wellington boots working on Design Development of a new bag line. I have made bags for brands worldwide including Nike, Jaguar, M&S, Cherchbi, and for artists and many start-up brands. In 2015 I started my bespoke bag business in Oxfordshire and started lecturing at the London College of Fashion in 2014.
Open to the Public?
Yes, by appointment only
Provides Course / Training
Available for Craft Fairs
Available - please ask about pricing