Maire Curtis Lakeland Studio
About Maire Curtis Lakeland Studio
Bespoke embroidery & Silk Flowers. Embroidery workshops and tuition. Maire is a master hand embroiderer with over 25 years experience, embroidering bridal gowns, couture garments and costume for stage and screen. She lectures for her own workshops and as guest tutor for experience groups. She also hand crafts silk flowers using traditional techniques. These are used by couture and costume designers around the world.
Fine hand embroidery including Irish Lace and Goldwork.
Open to the Public?
Provides Course / Training
Available for Craft Fairs
Available for educational events only
Embroidery and Sewing Kits
Our Maire Curtis Lakeland Studio have created a range of embroidery and sewing kits, all available online.
- Goldwork embroidery kits feature traditional and modern threads to expand the scope of this delightful and popular embroidery technique.
- Blackwork kits are a fun way to stitch and shade using the same colour thread.
- Crewel embroidery kits utilise the finest Appletons and Madeira yarns.
- Whitework designs are perfect for the minimalist and feature traditional Mountmellick techniques.
- A range of felt kits is offered with all materials, threads and instructions
- Slow stitch collections are specially curated and themed packs which can be used for many slow stitch projects and all come with a coordinating selection of threads and embellishments.