About Andrew Bates
- Bespoke, handstitched leathergoods.
- Archaeological and historical facsimiles and reconstructions.
- Costume and props for TV, film, theatre and opera.
- Art pieces and sculpture.
- Leatherwork tuition and consultancy.
- Pieces in combinations of materials.
Torc for Theatre
A theatrical torc, made of vegetable tanned cowhide with vegetable tanned goatskin moulded over the top. It is set with hand polished amber and is painted with acrylics and varnished. It was an inspired by Iron Age Celtic originals and was worn by the Norse Goddess Freya in Hazelsong Theatre’s production of ‘Sigurd and Fafnir’.