About Andrew Bates
- Bespoke, handstitched leathergoods.
- Archaeological and historical facsimiles and reconstructions.
- Costume and props for TV, film, theatre and opera.
- Art pieces and sculpture.
- Leatherwork tuition and consultancy.
- Pieces in combinations of materials.
Replica C17th armour made of leather for Grange Park Opera 2013.
Replica C17th armour made entirely of leather for the Grange Park Opera’s production of ‘I Puritani’ which was staged in 2013. (The armour needed to look like steel but was made from leather such that it did not ‘clink’ and interfere with the singing.)