About Andrew Bates
- Bespoke, handstitched leathergoods.
- Archaeological and historical facsimiles and reconstructions.
- Costume and props for TV, film, theatre and opera.
- Art pieces and sculpture.
- Leatherwork tuition and consultancy.
- Pieces in combinations of materials.
A medicine pouch in vegetable tanned deerskin, handstitched with linen thread and beaded with 2mm turquoise glass beads in patterns which were inspired by those found in Iron Age Celtic metalwork. The toggle is of roe deer antler, carved into the form of a raven with glass bead eyes.