About Andrew Bates
- Bespoke, handstitched leathergoods.
- Archaeological and historical facsimiles and reconstructions.
- Costume and props for TV, film, theatre and opera.
- Art pieces and sculpture.
- Leatherwork tuition and consultancy.
- Pieces in combinations of materials.
This is an accredited QCF leather course which I taught in 2015 via Northumberland College. Eighteen students all obtained their qualification and the course was joined by two students from the Lycee Desaix in France where they were studying a four year Baccalaureat in ‘Maroquinerie’ (fine leather goods design and making) before going on to work for companies such as Louis Vuitton and Hermes.
I also teach non-accredited courses in everything from belt and handbag making to sculpture to reconstructing historical or archaeological artefacts, amongst other subjects.