About Andrew Bates
- Bespoke, handstitched leathergoods.
- Archaeological and historical facsimiles and reconstructions.
- Costume and props for TV, film, theatre and opera.
- Art pieces and sculpture.
- Leatherwork tuition and consultancy.
- Pieces in combinations of materials.
This is a sculpture in clay and goatskin of ‘Crow’ from the poem by Ted Hughes of the same name. It was commissioned by Granta Books to mark the publication of the first book by the author Max Porter which is entitled, ‘Grief is the Thing with Feathers’ which features this character.